Since the late 90’s the Information Technology department has offered consulting, engineering, and hardware/software deployment, maintenance and support services not only for our office but also local conference offices and their respective youth camps in the Northwest. Today there is a WAN (wide area network) connecting much of the Northwest Adventist organizations that helps leverage technology investments.
Important Things to Consider
- Our department doesn’t make money by selling technology goods or services and we strive for an objective, current wave technological perspective.
- While there are many great technologies it’s important not to be too earlier an adopter or seesaw from one technology to another – doing so usually increases costs, decreases productivity and causes additional employee stress.
- Digital transformation will never happen if we only do things the same old ways. Don’t apply only a faster typewriter perspective to technological plans; doing so will only achieve marginal productivity gains.
- We all win when we work together; it saves money, increases employee knowledge sharing and multiplies productivity.
- Our department is not looking for or wanting to “control” any organizations technological investments – but we do recommend aiming for industry best practices and following cybersecurity principles and laws.
- Administration staff come and go – we are well suited to be the secure holder of key technology master accounts. Again, we are not looking for or wanting control – we have your offices interest at heart to maintain proper separations of high-risk areas.
How We Can Help Your Office
- Sounding board for new plans and initiatives.
- Oversee new technology projects in telephony, video calls/conferencing solutions – including conference room transformations, network, hardware and software.
- Deploy, maintain and support office technologies.
- Provide/recommend training for key technologies.
How We Can Help Your Church/School
- Telephony – We negotiated great pricing on Comcast telephone service – if your church or school is considering changes in your phone system/service contact our department for more information.
- Microsoft Office 365 for your church – have questions, contact our department.
- Microsoft Office 365 for Education – if you’re a small school (without employed IT staff) and looking to improve your school’s technology situation contact our department for more information.